Source: whologwhy, CC-BY, via flickr
Recipe for Lomi
Can’t wait to make your own bowl of lomi? Why not try this recipe?
Ingredients for Cooking Lomi
- cabbage – 1 ½ cups; chopped
- carrot – 1 piece; chopped
- chicken and/or pork – ½ cup; cooked; sliced
- chicken balls – ½ cup; fried; halved
- cooking oil – ¼ cup
- cornstarch – ¼ cup; dissolved in water measuring about ½ cup
- eggs – 2 pieces; raw; beaten
- garlic – 4 cloves; pounded
- granulated seasonings
- kikiam – ½ cup; fried; sliced
- liquid seasonings
- lomi noodles – ¼ kilogram
- onion – 1 piece chopped
- shrimps – ¼ cup; cooked; shelled
- In a pan set over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion until onion is clear and garlic is slightly brown.
- Add in chicken and/or pork.
- Add in shrimp.
- Stir fry for about three minutes.
- Pour in water.
- Simmer until water has dissolved. This should take at least five minutes.
- Pour in broth.
- Allow to boil. This should take at least ten minutes.
- Dip noodles in broth.
- Add in carrot and cabbage.
- Again, simmer for about three minutes.
- Add in cornstarch.
- Sprinkle the seasonings.
- Place eggs.
- Stir everything.
- Serve immediately in bowls.